- Race Rave: “I’ve run 26 marathons now, and the Adirondack Marathon is one I return to year after year—the other is the Big Sur Marathon. Much like that west coast classic, this little race festival in upstate New York has a gorgeous course that can be challenging but is completely conquer-able. Combined with inviting, small-town charm and picturesque views of the Adirondack high peaks just beginning to take on autumn colors, the Adirondack Marathon is a highlight of my fall race schedule.”
—Jeff Dengate, Runner’s World Shoes & Gear Editor
- Sparkling Views: Runner’s World magazine highlighted the Adirondack Marathon as one of the top “lakeside events that offers runners a visual break from the norm.” In the June 2014 issue (right), RW wrote “Runners follow the shores of Schroon Lake before entering wooded trails and hamlets.”
- Top Marathons & Races Worth Traveling For: Flipkey, a vacation rental website owned by TripAdvisor, named the Adirondack Marathon as the best New York race worth traveling for in April 2014. “We’ve searched through every state to find the 50 top races and marathons worth traveling for,” Flipkey says. “Charity races, full marathons, half marathons, local road races and many more were considered. Some wowed us with their tireless devotion to charity, others with their gorgeous landscapes, and even more with their popularity and strong reviews from those who have participated.”
- Best of Competitor 2012: The Adirondack Marathon Distance Festival’s Half-Marathon was voted the top 13.1-mile race in the northeast region by readers of competitor.com and its social media followers.
- The Adirondack Marathon was featured in Running Times Magazine as their September 2012 Showcase Race.
- The January/February 2008 issue of New England Runner named the Adirondack Marathon Distance Festival as one of New York’s 50 Finest.
- Read an Article from Marathon and Beyond about the Adirondack Marathon.
- New England Runner rated the Adirondack Marathon “Best of the Best – Top 100.”
“The marathon and half marathon offer larger and smaller doses of tough love. The courses are tough, but you’ll love the scenery.”
- “We Loved Schroon Lake, we loved the marathon course and plan to return next year. Great Job.”—Vicki & Socrates Carrasco, Harrisburg, PA
- “This was the best marathon that I’ve ever run. The hills and inclines prevented the nagging soreness of the universally flat course offered in cities like Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto.”—Angela Marion Lee, Montreal, Quebec
- Ecomarathon DataBook 1990-2002 rated the Adirondack Marathon in 10th place worldwide and 3rd in the USA.
Ecomarathon Run for Ecology rated The Adirondack Marathon as Best Marathon of 2000 and Most Friendly Town of 2000 by Hajime Nishi of Japan, a founder of Ecomarathon Int’l, who completed marathons on seven continents in 168 days had been certified as the world record holder of “The Fastest Time to Run a Marathon on Each of the 7 Continents”