Adirondack Balloon Festival
The Adirondack Balloon Festival runs in September. Exact Dates will be announced later.
Adirondack Buffalo Company
Nestled in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains in North Hudson, is home to a herd of about 40 American Bison or Buffalo as they are commonly called. Visitors enjoy seeing the buffalo and shopping in our gift shop for bison products fresh produce, baked goods and souvenirs.
Adirondack Rustics Gallery
Over fifty premier rustic artists. Family-owned and operated by Barry and Darlene Gregson.
22 unique buildings and historic structures located on 32 beautiful acres overlooking Blue Mountain Lake. The museum’s exhibits and programs tell the stories of how people have lived, worked, played and traveled in the Adirondack region since the early 1800s.
Adirondack Scenic Railroad
Take a ride through time in our restored scenic railroad. Departures from Lake Placid and Saranac Lake.
1.75 miles of breathtaking beauty sculpted by nature 500 million years ago. Massive stone formations tower hundreds of feet, experience the canyon’s grandeur from atop the Grand Flume Bridge.
A world-renowned museum and fort. Site of major victories in Seven Years’ War and American Revolution.
High Falls Gorge
Be it summer, winter, spring or fall, the 700 feet of waterfalls at High Falls Gorge Adventure Center displays nature in a beautiful and unique portrait of Adirondack scenery in each season. Discover the geological history of the Adirondacks through the educational trail map.
Giant Mountain Studio
Showcasing the fine art of local and regional artists, including 10 from Schroon Lake. Visit the studio at 1094 US Route 9 in Schroon Lake, or call 518-351-5043.
Schroon Lake Municipal Golf Course, Saranac Inn Golf Club, Craig Wood in Lake Placid, Lake Placid Resort Golf Course, Westport Country Club, Ticonderoga Country Club.
Gore runs the Northwoods Gondola to the top of Bear Mountain for enjoying grand views of the high peaks and fall foliage. You can hike around the peaks of Bear and Gore Mountains. Bring the whole family…enjoy a barbeque on the deck.
Adirondack Balloon Festival, The Great Escape Six Flags Amusement and Water Park, Boat Cruises, Outlet Shopping, Restaurants, Motels and much more.
Lake George Cruises
The Lake George Steamboat Company offers a variety of cruises on 3 large cruise ships.
This quaint village, the site of Olympics in 1932 and 1980, is the resort and recreation center of Essex County. On Main Street you’ll find interesting shops, fine eateries and a host of fun activities to make your visit to Lake Placid memorable. Activities include tours of the Olympic Museum, Ski Jumps.
- Kodak Sports Park-Watch world-class freestylists twist, turn, and flip in the air before landing in a 750,000 gallon pool.
- Olympic Center Self-Guided Tour: An in-depth look at this state-of-the art international training and competition facility. The tour includes admission to the 1932 and 1980 Lake Placid Winter Olympic Museum.
- Official US Olympic Training Center: U.S. athletes gather at this facility to prepare for international competitions and games, both summer and winter. A 15 minute tour includes video highlights of the U.S. Olympic Committee.
- MacKenzie Intervale Olympic Ski Jumping Complex: Ride to the top of the 26-story, 120-meter Olympic Ski Jump in a glass-enclosed elevator and view some of the most stunning views in the region.
- Verizon Sports Complex at Mt. Van Hovenberg: Take an exhilarating ride on the “Summer Storm.” Rocket down the only dedicated bobsled run in the U.S. with professional drivers and brakesmen in a bobsled on wheels.
Natural Stone Bridge and Caves
Self guided tour of gorge, caves, waterfalls, nature trail. Picnicking, fish feeding, gemstone mining. Rock shop, mineral exhibits, gift shop, coffee shop.
The Railroads on Parade
Thrill to Railroads on Parade – four magical miniature worlds of model trains, a first-class journey for dreamers of all ages. 5000 square foot of trains!
Information about the beautiful little town of Schroon Lake. The Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce web site includes information about Lodging, Real Estate, Calendar of Events, Hiking, Fishing, Swimming, Boating, Attractions, and much more.
The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom
A Six Flags Amusement and Water Park in Lake George.
The Factory Outlets of Lake George
French Mountain Commons – Nine West, Oneida, The Gap, Lillian Vernon, Tommy Hilfiger, Samsonite Luggage, and more.Adirondack Outlet – Big Dog, Corning/Revere, Dress Barn, Factory Brand Stores, Swank Factory Store, K B Toys, Rue 21 and othersLake George Plaza – Dansk Factory Outlet, Van Heusen, Izod, Timberland, Pacific Sun, Harry and David, and more.
White Water Rafting
Enjoy white water rafting on a variety of rivers or put yourself in a kayak for the afternoon.