The Northeast’s Best Half-Marathon
The Adirondack Marathon Distance Festival’s Half-Marathon was voted the top 13.1-mile race in the northeast region by readers of competitor.com and its social media followers.
Date: Sunday, September 24, 2017
Start: 10 a.m., at the 13.1-mile marker of the full-marathon course.
Field: Limited to 650 runners.
Complimentary buses will transport runners from the Town of Schroon to the start of the race. Buses depart from 8:45 a.m. until 9:05 a.m. from Rt 9, next to the Adirondack Inn, just south of the start of the full marathon and arrive at the half-marathon start line by 9:40 a.m.
The half-marathon will be held on the second half of the full-marathon course. The first five to six miles are flat, along the east shore of Schroon Lake. Then, there are long, gentle hills on Route 9, leading north to the town of Schroon.
2017 Entry Fees:
Entry fees will increase as the more people sign up, so don’t delay to lock in the lowest price possible.
75 spots at $55
100 spots at $65
85 spots at $75
100 spots at $85
290 spots at $90
Register Now Online
(Online Registration by Active.com)
Expo and Packet Pickup:
Sat., Sept. 23, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Schroon Lake Central School (1125 US Route 9)
Sun., Sept. 24, 6:45-8:15 a.m. at the Schroon Lake Central School
You must personally come to the expo or packet pickup and show a photo ID to receive your bib and timing chip. No exceptions will be made. By order of NYS DOT.
[Expo hours, location, and schedule]
Water and Powerade sports drink will be available at stations roughly every two miles until mile 20 (mile 7 for half-marathon runners), then every mile from 20-25.
Finish area has water, Powerade, fruits, vegetables, and other goodies.
Official race photography will be provided by Pat Hendrick Photography, who specializes in athletic event photos in Upstate New York, Vermont, and beyond. Prints and digital files will be available for purchase after the race at pathendrickphotography.com.
Bags for running gear will be supplied and transported to the merchandise tent at the finish area. The Adirondack Marathon reserves the right to search any bag at any time, both within and outside the baggage area.
Each runner who completes the course will receive a finisher’s medal. Prizes will be given for the top three overall finishers (male and female) based on clock time, and top three in each age category based on chip time. You must be present at the post-race awards ceremony to receive your award. Click here for more details and to see past results.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenges of your race.
- You must show a photo ID to pick up your bib and chip.
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE & NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- A parent’s signature is required for all participants under 18 years old.
- Bib required to participate and must be visible at all times.
- Coaches, dogs, in-line skates, skateboards, bikes, baby-joggers and BANDITS will not be allowed on the course.
- For safety reasons, we strongly recommend against the use of iPods, MP3 players or headphones of any type.
- All runners must stay to right of the center line when on Route 9 (last 8 miles of the race).
- We will keep the finish line open and record official times for 5.5 hours (until 3:30 pm). However, all roads will re-open to cars at 2:30 p.m. and there will be no on-course services after that time. There is no Early Bird Start for half-marathon walkers.
- When nearing the Finish Line, please do not have family or friends join you through the finish chute.
- All runners must run over all timing mats on course. Timing mats are located at the start, miles 18.2 and 25, and the finish line.
Timing services provided by Granite State Race Services, utilizing the ChronoTrack disposable timing chip on the back of your race bib.
Military Runs for Free:
Each year, the Adirondack Marathon Distance Festival offers a limited number of free marathon and half-marathon entries for military members—Active Duty, Guard, and Reserve. We have set aside 15 free entries for both the marathon and half-marathon for Active Duty, Guard, and Reserve personnel. (Note: Military will be required to present their CAC card at Packet Pickup to obtain a race bib and chip.)
Click here to register